Pool Table Movers: Your Trusted Billiard Table Moving Professionals
Are you looking to move your billiard table to a new location? Whether you’re relocating within your city or embarking on a long-distance move, finding the right pool table movers is crucial. In this blog post, we’ll explore the importance of professional pool table movers and provide tips on how to find the best local movers near you.
The Complexity of Pool Table Moving
Moving a pool table, or billiard table, is no ordinary task. It’s a precision job that requires specialized knowledge, tools, and skills. Here’s why it’s essential to leave this task to the experts:
- Particular Components: A billiard table is made up of several intricate components, including the slate playing surface, bumpers, and the felt covering. Any mishandling during the move can lead to costly damages.
- Weight and Size: Billiard tables are heavy and large. They are often constructed with a 3-piece slate that requires careful disassembly and reassembly. Using the right equipment is crucial to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Structural Integrity: Disassembling and reassembling a pool table must be done with precision to ensure that the structural integrity of the table is maintained. Even minor errors can lead to an uneven playing surface and compromised game quality.
Why Professional Pool Table Movers?
1. Years of Experience
Professional pool table movers have years of experience in handling different types and brands of billiard tables. Their expertise ensures that your table is treated with care and respect throughout the moving process.
2. Specialized Equipment
Moving a pool table requires specialized equipment like crating, ramps, dollies, and even beeswax or putty for levelling. Professional movers come equipped with these tools to ensure a safe and smooth move.
3. Disassembly and Reassembly
Proper disassembly and reassembly of a billiard table are critical to its longevity. Professional pool table movers know how to carefully dismantle the table, ensuring that all components are labeled, protected, and ready for reassembly at your new location.
4. Additional Services
Professional pool table movers often offer additional services like re felting with high-quality billiard cloth such as Simonis, bumper replacement, and even crating for long-distance moves. These services are essential for maintaining your table’s quality.
5. Local Expertise
Local pool table movers are familiar with the specific challenges of your area. Whether you’re in Peoria or the surrounding areas, hiring a local family-owned business ensures that your table move is handled with care and precision.
Tips for Finding the Best Pool Table Movers Near Me
When searching for the best pool table movers “near me,” consider the following tips:
- Ask for Recommendations: Seek recommendations from friends, family, or local pool halls. Word-of-mouth referrals can be a valuable resource for finding reputable pool table movers.
- Check Online Reviews: Investigate online reviews and testimonials to get an idea of the service quality and customer satisfaction of the pool table movers in your area.
- Request Free Quotes: A professional pool table service company should be willing to provide a free quote for your move. Use these quotes to compare costs and services.
- Verify Experience: Look for pool table movers with a proven track record of experience. Years in the business indicate expertise and reliability.
- Timeliness and Professionalism: Choose pool table movers who prioritize being on time and delivering a professional service. Reliability is key to a stress-free move.
- Full-Service Offerings: Ensure that the pool table movers offer a full range of services, including disassembly, reassembly, installation, and any necessary repairs.
Requesting Moving Quote
When starting to request a pool table moving or serving quote, there are a few questions that you will need to be prepared to answer to get accurate pricing.
- Manufacturer of Pool Table: This can typically be found on a plaque on the head rail of the pool table. If you cannot find a plaque or name on the pool table, most companies will accept a photo of the pool table
- Approximate Age of Pool Table: Most mechanics like to know if they are dealing with a modern-day pool table or an antique pool table (anything over 50 years old)
- Slate Configuration: Most pool table slate comes in a 3 piece or 1 piece configuration and 1” thick. However, many antique slates were made with various thicknesses, and some slate were greater than 1”. If you do not know this information, your pool table mover most likely will be able to determine based on your manufacturer.
- Zip Codes: Quoting based off zip codes is typical to determine the mileage of the move.
- Stairs: The mechanic will most likely want to know the layout of the space they will be moving a pool table in and out of. Main level or going into a basement with a walk out, how many flights of stairs will they be taking the pool table down or up is all information that will be helpful.
- Pictures: Most mechanics would like to see a photo of your pool table. Many installers are happy to accept photos of either the pool table assembled or in pieces.
Here is a list of standard services most pool table companies will offer:
- Setup: This service would be to assembly your pool table that is currently disassembled (knockdown) or to install your brand-new pool table.
- Knockdown: This service can also be called a disassemble, your installer will take the table apart for easy transportation. This typically includes disconnection the main pieces: rails, slate, frame, and legs.
- Knockdown, Move, No Setup: A professional pool table service company would disassemble your pool table and transport to either a new home, storage unit, or place of your choosing and leave unassembled.
- Knockdown, Move, Setup: This service is to disassemble, put in their service truck, take to a new location, and reassemble in a space of your choosing.
- Knockdown, Move, Setup Same Location: This is a service to move your pool table on site. An example of this might be from a basement to a middle level of a home. This is typically performed in one day.
- Pickup, Move, No Setup: This service is for a pool table that has previously been disassembled; the service people will pick up the pool table from a location, put in their truck, and take to a location and leave unassembled.
- Pickup, Move, Setup: This service is a transport to move a disassembled pool table, and complete a pool table setup in a new location.
Pool Table Repair
There are two services that are excellent choices to pair with a moving service.
New Felt: Adding new felt to any pool table installation is a good move to save a little bit of money down the road. With any setup service, your existing pool table bed cloth will have to be reinstalled because of the process of removing the cloth during knockdown. Therefore, adding a new bed cloth will not incur any additional fees except for the cost of the cloth itself. If you would like to replace both the bed cloth and the rail cloth at the time of your installation, you can expect to pay a reasonable fee to strip and recover the rail cloth.
Cushion or Bumper Repair: A cushion repair is a service that will remove the existing cushion after it has gone ‘hard’ or ‘bad’. With a quality pool table, you can expect to make this repair about every 20-30 years.
Moving your pool table to a new location is a delicate operation that should not be left to chance. Whether you’re moving locally or long distance, investing in professional pool table movers is the best way to ensure your beloved billiard table arrives in pristine condition. From disassembly to reassembly, these experts bring years of experience and the right tools to the table, making sure that your pool table is ready for countless hours of enjoyment in your new game room. So, when you’re searching for the “best pool table movers near me,” trust in the expertise and professionalism of those who understand the art of pool table moving.